Top Tips For Migraines

05:19

I've suffered with migraine headaches for a long time now. Personally I'm not a fan of taking pain killers, consequently I've acquired some techniques to make the experience a bit more bearable. If your familiar with migraines, you'll know that they generally take place on the side of the head working its way towards the neck.


1) Get off your gadgets! I must admit I'm not the best at this one, but it really does work. Migraines can be caused by stark lights, give your eyes a rest and just lay off your phone and computer for a bit. 

2)Put your head down -  If you can give yourself a rest, close your eyes and put your head back. Having your head up can put a lot of pressure on your neck and cause more pain. 

3) Go in a dark room - Like I mentioned before stark lights can cause migraines to get worse (or could be the initial cause). So going into a dark room eliminates harsh lights and allows your head to relax. 

4) Massage - Massaging the area can be really helpful,  if your lucky enough to have someone to do it for you thats great but otherwise you can do it by yourself too. Just apply quite a bit of pressure to the area (not too much). It helps to relieve the tension that has built up in those areas. 

5) Relax! I know that having a migraine is awful but the more you struggle and stress the worse it gets. Try to get your brain to relax - some people try to sleep and that works for them (for me I can't sleep through the pain - so I just lay down). Don't let yourself become agitated, it will only make it worse. 

6) Lastly stay hydrated - Dehydration is one of the causes of migraines. If your someone who suffers from migraines I would recommend that you try to drink 2 litres a day. I found that this has made a huge difference. 

I hope these tips are useful to you and that if your suffering from migraines they help you out. 

Thank you for reading.

Rozina x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts