weight loss / body confidence

03:03


I can't remember a time when I was happy with my body (as depressing as it sounds), subconsciously its always had an effect on me, my confidence. One thing I remember doing is anytime I sat  down I would always place my bag or cushion, something over my thighs because I didn't want anyone to see them - I didn't want to see them. So, long story short its had an effect on me for a long time.

I decided about a year ago that I wanted to lose weight, seriously this time. So, I worked out, ate less (sounds simple but its effort!). I lost about 10 pounds, which is great and I definitely noticed a difference in my appearance and the way I now carry myself. But I'm not done, I'm not completely there yet. Im still not completely confident nor happy with my body, I would like to lose another 10 pounds. I know confidence is in the mind, but for me I lost my confidence with weight gain and I feel myself getting more confident with weight loss (so it only makes sense). 

Its sad that we live in a society where everyone feels this pressure, to have a perfect face, perfect body, perfect grades - perfect life! But I think everyone forgets that 'perfect' is only defined by you. If you choose to take on the ideals of society or create your own?

If you're feeling down, whatever it may be about just know that it gets better with your positive attitude and actions- because you are in control, if you want to be.


Thanks for reading.

R x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts