Skincare Routine

04:44



To be honest I'm quite lazy when it comes to skincare, but I also think its really important to take care of your skin. As a result I opt for a quick and easy routine, that does not require much effort on my part. 



Face washes are one of my favourite products, because it helps to remove the lasts bits of make-up but also works as a good second cleanse too. My two most used are; Tea Tree's facial wash and Neutrogenar's pink grapefruit cream wash. The tea tree facial wash is perfect for a morning cleanse, it has peppermint oils and tea tree (of course) so the smell is refreshing to the skin. It does not over dry your skin but does enough to give you that clean skin feeling. The Neutrogenar cream wash is great for an evening cleanse, it claims to help prevent spots without over drying the skin. It definitely does not over dry my skin- I can't say too much on the spots aspect, I haven't seen a significant difference. This also helps to remove the last bits of makeup as a 2nd cleanse.


When I have makeup to remove from the day I always reach for this - The Garnier Micelliar cleansing water. I just take it on a cotton bud and hold it on my eye for a couple of seconds and wipe it off (i repeat this a few times) and it removes most of the makeup, which is amazing! Especially for the price tag (it ranges from £3 - £5). But after using this I have to go in with a double cleanse personally (you could just leave it at that if you want), so I'll normally then go in with the Neutrogenar prink grapefruit cream wash.   


The La Roche Posay serozinc - this is a toner for oily, spot prone skin. I don't have oily skin but I do brake out now and then. I haven't seen a big difference in my skin from using this product but what I like about it, is the fact that it is a spray - it leaves me feeling refreshed and its just fun to spray on your face. I also noticed that it leaves a matte finish on the skin - perfect from those of you with oily skin.  


Moisturiser is an important step, if your skin becomes overly dry the body will produce more oils and in turn result in spots. So its a hard balance between over drying and over loading your skin with moisture. My personal favourite is the simple moisturiser with SPF 30. I was one of those people who didn't really care for SPF. After hearing so many people talk about the importance of it, I decided to pick one up. I was quite sceptical as I thought that it would clog up my pores and create more spots. I gave it a go anyways and I'm so happy with it. It has helped to clear up my scars (from spots) faster. I think this is because the the sun makes the scar penetrate deeper into the skin therefore prolong the healing process. 


The Kiehl's midnight recovery eye, I started using this a couple of months ago and have really enjoyed it. It has a nice citrus orange fragrance to it, it goes on smooth and does not have an overly greasy formula. I have found that this has improved the texture of my under eyes over the months, previously they were a little bumpy but now are completely smooth. But this is an expensive product £24.50 for 15 ml, which is crazy in my opinion. 

Once a week I like to exfoliate my skin using the tea tree exfoliating cream wash. I have quite sensitive skin and I find this is gentle on my skin but still provides me with a deep clean and gets rid any dead skin. Also, every now and then I will go in with a face mask, my favourite at the moment has been the Neutrogenar's wash and mask. I haven't used it as a wash as of yet, but I love it as mask it purifies the skin but also will bring up any dirt that has been left on the skin. 

Thats the end of my skincare routine. I try to stick to this routine but sometime I will just go to bed and forget it  all, like i said I'm lazy ;)

I hope this was helpful to you. Byeee.

R x 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts